Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

 No trip so see Kay today as I have this cold.   Since I went to dinner I seem to have turned the corner and am beginning to feel fairly good.  I can usually tell when I am getting over it.  Greg the medic in charge can act like a dictator.  Today he outdid himself.  When he gets caught up with dutes he will come to the medic cart where he can mess with the computer and also watch what is going on in the lunch room.  If he sees something he will run over to were it is going on and make a general  nuisance himself.  First one of the men in the dining room in order to get a chair for the card games after dinner began pulling a chair to the wall 10 or 15 feet behind him.  Greg saw him and rushed over screaming that he was not to pull a chair backward.  Scaring the poor guy out of his wits.  Then in a few minutes a woman wanted to go between me and the table behind me but the tables were too close together so she did not have room to get between me and the lady at the table behind.  So it was suggested she take a different round.  About this time Greg began rushing over from the pill console screaming again what is the matter.  In the meantime I had gotten up and moved the chair completely out of the way so she could get out.  Usually there are a number a ways to get out of the area but it takes a little planning in advance to see what will allow the walker or wheel chair to go between which table.  Greg is the only LP that takes any interest in what is going on in the dining room because they are too busy doing other things. He does a good job of getting your mediation to you in the med room so you normally don't have to wait like some other LPN's do. I am grateful of that.   I don't like to go to the med room and wait for my insulin while the LPN messes with their computer with a room full of people waiting.  I still have other things I prefer to do. 

No comments: