Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Next to God

 Today I will be looking into Hospice care for Kay.  Just gathering information as Tom will be taking a well deserved trip back east to see Robby and family.  Then to visit Gettysburg.   I had a great opportunity to make a point with a nurse today about how  to take an accurate reading of  b/g.  They all seem to have the idea that the quicker they take the strip out of the blood the better. Obviously they have no idea about how capillary action works.  Today the nurse took my reading and it was  146 which it has never been fasting for a long time.  I just commented that I did not think it was correct.  Surprisingly she said she would take another reading.  That surprised me but I quickly took her up on the offer and the next one read 88 which is drastically different and that her first reading was a bad reading.. Of course she should have done a third and proved which one was correct.  But  from experience I knew the second one was the good one I was also able to tell her when she got the strip in the blood to keep it there a second or so.   I don't know if it will make any permanent difference as I have demonstrated it to another nure previously but that bonehead is too hard headed to change his way of thinking.  He is the last person to take instruction from a patient. What does a patient know about anything?  "I'm a nurse"  Next to God.  I see Kay today. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't be surprised. Hitlers come in all sizes.