Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Friday, March 20, 2015

UCLA is not a quack outfit

 Kay was dressed but in bed.  I gave her truffles and a graham cracker.  Because I got there late as usual I just stayed in her room as she seemed so sleepy. The return shuttle was almost on time so this was short visit.  

Got an email from one of Shirleys kids today.  They seem to be in a wait and see mode as far getting as Shirley's dementia is concerned.  She said Shirley knew of the dementia so I guess there is no doubt about it. When  Shirley told me she was getting lost there was no doubt in my mind.  This wait and see mode is just wait and see her get worse and worse as she dies.  I have told them the consequences of this.  It is up to them.  Getting her on the UCLA program if there is one is a lot of work.   But not nearly the work they face if she is left to keep advancing with dementia.  I don't want to be a nuisance.      

No comments: