Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 24, 2015

The guy with no pants

 The day didn't start well for some people at my dining room table.  After I left they took the woman who earts a pound of sugar a day to the hospital.  They also took the one across from me to the emergency after she collapsed. She eats 3 cereal bowls each morning of cold cereal.  She Lost her balance and fell when she tried to leave.  They cant move a person when they fall from an incident.  They must leave then where they fell until a medic arrives.   None of the ordinary nurses here are RN's. They are LPN's I am seeing the effects of high blood sugar as it happens.  Eating a certain way all your life is harder to cure than cancer some doctors say.

Kay was in the dining room still there from breakfast when I got there.  She likes the place in front of the heater.   I got her up and we went to our favorite spot for her truffles and graham cracker. She didn't want any of the banana I had for her.  She  walked so very slowly to our favorite spot.  If she gets moving she seems to get more alert. Which she did once I got her back to the bedroom after treats.  On the other hand could their alertness rise to the level of what is going around them  Nothing was going on when I got there. 

When I got there there was a guy walking around without any pants.  Shorts and shirt ok.  the caregiver in the dining room didn't respond when I brought it up.  She was concentrating on something  she was writing.  A half hour later he was still walking the halls needing pants.  I  don't know if he ever got them on before I left.

The persons who walk around the hall the fastest are Linda and a black girl. The black girl follows the white woman around and around. Like a shadow. I think she is fairly recently from Africa.   .  They are back to doing it after a two or three week hiatus.   It seems to take just about one minute to complete the circuit.  

No comments: