Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Friday, January 23, 2015

Goings on in an Assisted Living facility

 I didn't go to see Kay yesterday because I was so  tired from getting up at 3 for an hour or so that I didn't know if I was just tired or still had a cold.  Later it  was apparent that I was more tired that sick.  Today I went over and found her in the dining room which was almost empty She seemed very glad to see me.  When the caregiver tried to help her up she slapped his hand away.  Preferring to have me do everything I suppose.  We went for her treats which included a couple truffles and almost two graham crackers.  I had no banana to offer her.  We went back to the dining room but although it was prepared for a meeting of some kind no one was in it.  That was to come later I suppose.  I took her to her room for the rest of the stay which was quite short.  

These places like I live in are very compact and it is very obvious there are no secrets.  The kitchen outdid itself this morning and served Belgium Waffles.  A real treat as the norm is powdered eggs and maybe a sausage patty   if we are lucky.  Of course it was way too much for me but I enjoyed it anyway.  The kitchen was made for serving a few arrivals at a time not a hundred all at once.  The quality suffers because of that usually.  Although I think they could improve it  with a little more money.  If there is room for only one cook at a time things tend to be cold before being served. 

They are preparing for an inspection by the state of some kind of the medical department procedure.   

One of the people involved in the preparation for the inspection was offered a modeling job when much younger.  
  She spends her mornings watching what goes on in the med room. From my days in photography I was pretty sure from her looks and the way she carried herself she had been a model.  She confirmed that she had been offered a job as a runway model.   Before I was able to find out more we were interrupted by blabbermouth who talks about nothing but herself.  Except for age she could still do modeling of the teen variety but she has some enhancements done over the years that would have to be reversed. She knows I was a photographer because  she has seen  the pictures on the wall in my room.     

No comments: