Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Arranging our last time going to church

 Kay was in a state that she seemed slow in recognizing me.  She was in the 
dining/activity room just staring ahead.  When I got her attention she looked at me with her mouth slightly open.  Just looking into my eyes I got her to take  hold of her walker and follow me using hers to our spot in the hall.  There she loosened up some and began a little smile when I told her I loved her and gave her a peck. I took her around the hall to the entrance to her room where I decided she might not want to around again.  She was walking so slowly.  She climbed up on her bed and lay down for the rest of my stay which was not long as the bus got there very late. However it was on time to pick me up.  Total time there no  more than an hour.  

After lunch I walked up to the 1st Presbyterian Church slightly more than two blocks away.  I told them what I wanted to do with Kay for our 74th wedding anniversary. Meaning going to church with her for probably our last time together.   What I asked her to do was get the Organist to play a favorite selection for us.  I left it to the Organist to pick the selection.  She didn't seem very impressed.  After getting that done I came back.  I  found that two blocks is a long ways considering the condition my legs are in.  Bummer. Ya'all come. 

No comments: