Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Monday, December 1, 2014

Poor heat in Kay's room

 Well, I guess I stalled so long yesterday I forgot to make an entry.  I found Kay's room quite cold.  I had told the maintenance guy there a week or two ago that the heater was nor working properly.  He put his hand down and said it was working.  I didn't argue with him at the time  as I figured he would agree with me.  But now the cold weather has arrived and the two people in the room should not have to put up with that.  Kay especially is not capable of registering a complaint.  When I found her yesterday she was sitting right in front of the heating register in the activity room. So she must have been cold.  I took her to her room later and put a coat on her as she lay on the bed.  I talked to one of the caregivers yesterday as I was leaving and she agreed with me that the room was cold.  She  also said she would make a strong complaint about it.  Nevertheless that was Sunday and no one would be around to fix it.  So she might have been cold all night.  The maintenance guy is quite impressed with my daily visits but I cant let this go in order to stay on the good side of him if it should come to some sort of disagreement which is not likely.  As I have pretty good proof that I know what I am talking about. Half a heater is nearly adequate in normal weather but when it gets down to 20 to 25 it can not keep up.  You can tell it is not working properly by feeling the heat on each side of the register.  One half has hot air and the other cold.  Means the element on the cold side is burnt out or no voltage to it.  Breaker perhaps.  I expect some results by tomorrow. I cant understand how all these caregivers can be in and out of her room without noticing it.  But some come from places where electric registers don't exist. 

No comments: