Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Friday, December 26, 2014

Good trip. Useless fire drill



I got a ride before 9 this morning and we went straight there.  So I got there at 9 straight up.   There was nothing going on because the elevator was not working.   So I took her to our spot and gave her a couple Frango mints that Robin brought yesterday.  We spent the rest of the time in her room keeping company.  Then back. She didn't seem very active.  Just wanted to rest or perhaps just to please me as I had nothing for her to do. 
Robin and Mary took me around the area looking for interesting buildings.  Here is one It is a church.  I don't remember where.  Note the tower.   


Brick church in Tacoma
Another one of their fire drills today  If they ever had a real fire half the people would die in it because they would figure it is just another drill.  As far as myself I stick my nose out in the hall and if I don't smell anything I go back to my business whatever it is.  They tell us  to go to our rooms and get behind that wonderful built fire door.  Unfortunately I suppose the fire is to go into the hall and knock on the door trying to get in.  Unless deliberately set, fires don't start in the hall because there is nothing to burn there spontaneously.  Even it is going 


to go through the wall. Fires in apartment houses start in an apartment next to you, above you or below you.  If you are not in a wheelchair remember you cant get burned to death outside looking in.  I've never seen what the staff does in a drill.  If they can find someone in a wheel chair weighing 300 pounds and try to get them out of the building.  The fire station is just two blocks away so it is unlikely a fire would get much of a start before they get here.  They are here all the time on aid calls. It's  real hard on the ears though.  

No comments: