Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas and Tacoma Architecture

 Great time with Kay today. Robin and Mary came down to take Kay me out to  the Old Country Buffet.  She didn't say a word all that time.  But she did nod when she answered a question. After we dropped her off we went on a short tour of old Tacoma.   As I told you a day or two ago Tacoma has never been destroyed by fire or earthquake so what was built has been kept in it's original  condition.  That is of course unless it was  torn down to be replaced with something else.  What I show here is the first Presbyterian Church.  I huge massive structure.  I don't know any more than what I see here.   Made entirely of roman bricks.  As many are in this town. There must be a story about the use of bricks in building construction in Tacoma.   After all why didn't they just cut down a tree like everyone else.  The library has a strange main office too.  Maybe someone there can fill me in.    
Presbyterian Church

Kay at OCB

Catholic Church down the road a couple miles

No comments: