Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Things not quite right.

 What a day it turned out to be. Things deteriorated into chaos at dinner.  I got my insulin about 5 to 5 and went into the dining room.  I delay getting my insulin until the time to eat as I do not want it beginning to work before I get something to eat.  It begins to work on my b/g in about a half hour.  As I keep my b/g as near normal I must watch it carefully.  We are supposed to get meals by 5:30.  But first I wanted some milk which  a lady at the table offered to go to the kitchen and get.   While back there I heard some ruckus between women going on and suspected she had something to do with it. She told me that another lady near where the coffee started shouting that there was no ice.  She was trying to get some ice to bring back to the table. Apparently she saw a few pieces and was tring successfully to get them.  For some reason the lady shouting at her found some reason to interfere.  Anyway it degenerated into the shouting match.  My helper did not get the milk but the server came at that time and gave me some.  

We continued to wait for our food getting later and later when I had to have something to eat which I got from my bag while waiting.  I cant give what was going on to avoid complications.  My table partiner loudly complaining about the wait.  Promising to talke to Lincoln tomorrow.  When the server finally came I asked him what was the cause of the delay.  He said it was the complicated menu.  I was having a cheese burger and she was having a chili dog.  Not particularly complicated to me.  Finally I got something to eat and considered going back to my room.  When I got to the waiting area I could hear a loud ruckus. Just what it was all about I could not determine but it was loud.  Normally there are no visitors here but this time there was.  I felt embarrased at the ruckus and told them this was not a normal event. These people who were part of a group relatives visiting their grandmother or great grandmother. 
Some of the LPN's are not very well versed in diabetes and the rights of a person to their medical records.  If you remember I had a dispute with a nurse about what I was entitled to.  The nurse today   rightly refused to give the great granddaughter the great grandmothers medical records.  She should have felt enough compassion to suggest that she get her grandmother to ask for the records.  She was just upstairs.  Now to my case.  I go  to the med room when it is timeto eat.  Also to get my insulin.  When I got my b/g reading which was close to normal.  She asked me if I wanted my insulin as if the normal reading was some reason to wait until b/g came up.  She didn't seem to know that we take insulin to cover the carbohydrates I would be eating.  Not where my b/g was now.      

No comments: