Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Kay was not well

 It turned out that Kay did not feel well today. Later I found out that her head was spinning.  She was able to indicate to me by making a circle with her finger over her head.  The normal way to do it.  I think it possible that it is because she is not taking her meication.  It might be a side effect of her not taking the pills. But I don't know.  I will talk to the head nurse tomorrow. To me it seems they are not taking the best approach to how to give her pills. Up to about 2 weeks ago we were doing pretty well.  I normally get there during the period she gets her pills and if I can I help out.  This nice  young med tech was giving her pills whole and if she would not take them she might crush them and put them in something to drink.  It seemed that we were having some success and she was accustomed to  someone offering them whole.  She seemed to have become accustomed to the process and would take them.  I have not seen this tech recently and the present ones seem to  first just crush them and put them in a drink of some kind. The idea is that she will like the drink she will not know of the pills.  I think this totally unworkable.  First to work she has to be a little bit hungry.  But they give her the pills just after she has eaten breakfast. So why should she drink this stuff when she is not hungry?  They could at least give her pills before breakast.  I will have to talk to the head nurse tomorrow and see which approach to take.  I would like to start back on taking the whole pill and get her used to taking them whole.  When she sees them brought out she knows it is time to take her pills.  Otherwise only offer her pills before meals.Before breakfast or dinner if that is something they can do.  But they should go back to giving the whole pills with a back up of crushing the pills.  This may take some time. Today the pills didn't look all that crushed.  She was taking them out of her mouth they were so big. I got her to take a little of the drink but not much.  I may get the record for the past month and see  what the report is.   

I went to Costco  this afternoon to catch up on some food.  I found that walking around Costco is next to walking a Marathon.  I did not get all I wanted.  I did get the truffles but only after the help ran down where they were.  Not with the regular candy. I was also very happy to get a fresh bag of coffee.  I learned that even the roasted beans that are 3 or 4 months old have already lost their flavor.    

No comments: