Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Monday, November 3, 2014

Kay rejects pills at times.

  I listened to the group leader for a while with Kay but she is not able to participate so I took her to the hall furniture and gave her a couple truffles.   When I came in I had a talk with the  head nurse asking that they do not giver her crushed pills in a sweet drink.  She had been used to taking the pills whole from another med teck previously.  So when she refuses her pills in chocolate or some similar food there is no possibility of taking them later.  I also suggested that to give her pills in a food after she has eaten might be self defeating.  She is not hungry by then so more food will pronbably be rejected.  I don't know what happened to the other girl who was fairly successful in giving her full pills.   She may have been replaced with a new one it seems.  She does seem to have had considerrable experience.  I am concerned however that some might just not take a lot of effort to make sure Kay is given every opportunity to get her pills down.   I gave Kay her truffles then took her to  her room.  She used my arm as a pillow until it was time to go. 










there

No comments: