Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The expert says not to worry.

 Quick trips both ways today.  She was still in bed but dressed.  Seemed ok just not up. I was told she did not eat breakfast.  I gave her what  I had which was only a banana and cracker.  I am out of truffles.  I have some chocolate truffles at my   place but they have melted together into one blob so I have not been taking them to her however.  They taste ok but are messy to handle.  So  I have just been nibbling on them occasionally not wanting to throw them away.  Tonite I figured out that if I slice them and then cut them into squares like fudge I can wrap them in  cling wrap and carry them to her in a sandwich bag.  I am out of other truffles. Unfortunately I have had them so long I have nibbled them down to just a small amount.  Tom will come to the rescue Friday.  We stayed in her room all the time I was there which was ok with me as I was tired anyway.  She seemed happy enough when it was time to go.   I have been transported by some drivers enough times they know me and ask how she is doing.  Twice a day for a year and a half should  amount to about 800 trips give or take. It's  always lonesome without her in the evening.   

I looked further into the excessive use of coffee creamer I told you about yesterday.  Apparently the WA State Poison Control Center does not think there is any problem with this stuff.  I have in the past accidentally tasted it dry in the palm of my hand trying to figure out if it was sugar or creamer.  My eyesight is bad and it required a taste test for me to know which it was.  It didn't taste anything like any food I ever tasted.  I haven't tasted it in coffee for so long I don't know what it tastes like there either. I would guess truffles to excess would also not be good for you either.  My guess the Poison control does not get many inquiries like this anyway and have not considered it. Also the guy that answered me just said it was a food therefore it could not be bad.  With a little thought I could have thought of some things that might have changed his mind but I was in no position to argue with the expert.  In any case there is a woman in lots of pain they have not figured out what is causing it.  In the same cup she also dumps a huge amount of sugar too  It also have the same stuff in it.  Lots of other foods do too. 

No comments: