Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Monday, October 13, 2014

Some good, Some Bad

 Kay was in  pretty good shape today except she seemed sleepy  after we did exercises.  As the caregiver was going over the news and what happened on this day from the present and way back I decided to take her back to her room and let her rest.  As I kept her in the exercise room for quite a while there was not a lot of time left after we finished there.   Even so Kay felt able to participate in exercising in some types of exercise. 

Of more concern is what we are getting in our food.  I have never been all that concerned with having to eat organic foods.  If the price is fairly equal to the general run of products I would buy the organic.  If the price was much higher I would buy the general produce. The past few days has brought up something that  makes me take a second look at additivies in our food.  We eat a lot of food at this place that comes from a supplier called Food Services of Amerca.  FSA.  The woman on my right is having health problems.  I understand she went to the hospital recently complaining of pain in her abdomen.  As she is she is unable to communicate except for two or three words it is very difficult for her to explain what is in her mind.  This the result of a brain injury some  time back. I have noticed however that she uses enormous amounts of coffee creamer.  I went to the kitchen and asked what brand of coffee creamer we use.  I was given a package of   FSA creamer.  The package size I would estimate is about one hundredth of what she uses perhaps several times a day in her coffee. The package size may be even less than that.  1 200th of what she puts in her coffee.   Not to mention a huge amount of sugar.   This product is also used in Sugar, salt dried egg yoke which we eat a lot  of here.  I don't know if FSA puts it in these products but as they  sell a lot of dried eggs to this establishment I suspect they do.  When I found out about the aluminum in the creamer I went to the head nurse and told her that the woman was using so much creamer and sugar.  I would think they will look into the possibility that the woman is getting sick from ingesting too much of this stuff.  It has caused me to take a second look at what I am eating here and make sure these chemicals are not in the food I eat.  I have a hunch I will be making a big change in my diet.   Have a nice day.   

No comments: