Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Kay, truffles, troubles

 On the way to see Kay a woman got on the bus who had a terrible cough.  I could see right then I made a big mistake.  No mask and she did 't wear any either.  Soon another old woman got on the bus.  The reason I know is she is old is that she mentioned to the driver that she was 91 and hoped to keep on living.  When I got to my destination I got a mask from the nurse and wore it when with Kay because she also had a cough.  I don't know if it was from a cold or not. I tried to keep a little distamce.  Before going to her room as there was no exercising today I gave her half a banana  The truffles I talked about wrapping in cling wrap I left on the counter instead of putting in the bag.  Later before leaving she ate 4 soda crackers so she must have been hungry.  They told me she ate breakfast but because of my suspicious nature I am never sure of what they tell me.  With good reason though because lieing is second nature to some of the workers.  I have gone over this at other times.  

Just got back from lunch and it appears that what I told E--  the other day made no impression.  K--- is still in pain asking for pills before they are allowed to give the to her.   This morning the creamer and sugar dispensers were full but at noon they were down to half.  These are 16 oz dispensers.  D-- could have used some but she uses only a normal amount of sugar and I am not sure but no creamer since my talk about the possible ill  effects of this stuff.  This is just for the morning so stay tuned for what happens this afternoon.  I used to blame someone from other tables for taking our full dispensers and replacing outs with their empty ones.  But after watching K-- putting the huge amounts in her coffee I am convinced she is just using it up.  A-- keeps telling us she knows the score because she has been here 9 years.  Today though she didn't  know the date so I will continue to maintain t hat you should not believe anything you hear around here but get it verified.  She can get very vitriolic if by simply asking a question where she got the information. I just let it go over my head when she gets this way and let her know  I am not going to crawl into a corner just because she shouts real loud.  A number have  moved away from the table because they could not handle the insults. 

No comments: