Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Kay fell today

 Weather is good today so I was able to take her out on the patio where we sat   until I thought she might get sun burned.  She didn't mind the hot sun.. When coming back to her room she stumbled and fell.  Not actually fell but sort of sat down.  She had been holding onto the hand rail with her right hand and the right side of the walker with her left. At the end of the rail she had to turn loose and in the transition stumbled and more or less sat down.  I was going to help her up but have you tried to lift 100 pounds?  I think I "might" have been able but help came immediately before I tried total effort.  So the lady care giver came and put her on her feet.   How things have changed.  If you watch the Arts channel and see those men dancers lift the ballet  dancers over their head make me have a lot of respect for their athletic ability. Some of those girls look real close to  100.  90 at least. Also try balancing on your  toes.  Better yet just try it on one foot.  I have the greatest respect for ballet dancers.  Nothing new on Hospice care.  Met a lady today who has been here about 3 months complaining about the quality of the egg salad and potato salad.  She is an expert cook from what she told me.  She also knows the shortcomings of those dishes which I am well aware of.  they never put onion, mustard, garlic powder and celery in the egg salad.  One of these days I will get a chance to ask the appropriate person why they make such tasteless dishes.  Is it on purpse or do they do it because it takes a little extra work to do it right?  At any of our family meals you would not see us doing anything but our level best to try to set out the most tasty dish.  

Cascade Vista

No comments: