Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Friday, July 11, 2014

I am still learning.

 Transportation was a disaster today. 45 minutes after the scheduled pickup today I managed to get the shuttle people to find out that the ride had been canceled.  It is too involved to get into but some dumb decisions by the boss there. I managed to get a ride later to see her for a pickup of 2 pm to return at 3 30.  I finally got there at 2 50 Unfortunately instead of coming at 3 30 it came at 3 15.  So I just came home with only a 20 minute visit.  But I mainly wanted to see her and let her know I was there. We went out on the patio and sat until time to go.  It was very warm so was a nice time with her. 

I made a fool of myself this afternoon and I can learn from it.  A woman went ahead of the line waiting for the elevator and tried to get on in front of everyone else.  When the next one came she went to try to get on but I told her to get in line.  She sort of acted confused I later realized and there was something that made her do what she did.  I am very sad about how I handeled this when I should have offered her my place in line because she did seem confused when she went to the back of the line and could not seem to know what she was doing. I  learned something.  Let someone else be the bad guy.  After it was over I believe she was not doing what she would have normally done and had some dementia there.  The lady behind me is from Berlin (many years ago)   I notice she repeats the same question quite frequently.  I have a good time showing her how smart I am by using the few German words I know on her.  I showed her a couple pictures of Germany and promised to show her more.  She was in Berlin when the Russians took it in ww2 and they raped her and abused her.  I have only got a small part of the story yet but hope to get more. You wonder how people can live here for 55 years and still not speak perfect American English. 

No comments: