Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Good and bad trips

 Going and coming was good and bad.  It took an hour to get back home  but at least  I saw some of Tacoma I had never seen before.  In planning their schedules it seems like how long a rider has been on the bus is of no concern.  They could have just as easily taken me home then picked up the others  but for some reason they picked them up first although the distance was just a few blocks to take me home. As a result I was on the bus 
about an hour. 

You see a world of people riding the shuttle you seldom see elsewhere.  You do see an occasional person in wheel chair or blind.  But on the shuttle you recognize the huge problem there is.  It is sad to see young people in wheel chairs or blind.  Today they picked up three, one was a pretty young girl in a wheel chair.  Dressed well with long hair  neatly combed.  Looks like to me she was about 20 to 25. Her mind was obviously good. Just paralyzed for some reason.  

Kay was on her bed again today and when I sat down in a chair next to the bed she looked at me but didn't smile as she has been doing up to the past two days.  After a while we got up and took a walk then we went out on the patie as the caregiver obligingly  carried out the chairs for us to sit on.  We watched the traffic then as it was little breezy and cool in the shade we went in until time to go. She seems a little slower mentally.  She seems to get more normal the longer I stay.       

No comments: