Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Kay and other patients

  I met Kay in the hall when getting off the elevator.  We went to the place in the hall but people were sitting in it.  Since Kay and I sit there they get the idea to do it too.  I asked a caregiver for a couple chairs so we could sit on the patio during the summer.  We sat there until suddenly Kay got up and went inside.  I suppose she thought it was too cool.  Just right for me.  While in her room one of the black patients came in while I was in the toilet and when I came out she was in the process of taking Kay away.  She took Kay's hand and told her to come.  This is the sad part.   Kay didn't ask or resist going with her.  She obligingly was getting off the bed to go with her until I stopped them and asked where she was being taken.  The lady said Kay was hungry and she was taking her to get something to eat.  I know there will be nothing for patients to eat until it is served about 5 pm so I had to tell Kay to get back on the bed and not to go.  This upset the lady  a little but she turned and went out of the room.  Everything is done for the patients so they have to learn to do what they are asked to do.  This of course means if another patient takes over that function people like Kay don't resist what they are asked to do.   I don't know what would have happened if she  had managed to go with the other patient but there certainly would not have been any food where they were going. I suppose she would have taken Kay to to the dining room and when they got there she would have just dropped her there and  started doing something else. I took Kay to the dining room when I was getting ready to leave and left her there.  It is heart breaking to leave someone who is helpless and unable to do anything for themselves. I didn't get home until 4 15.  Just a mixed up screwed up organization.  I've been over this before and there is no need to go over it again.  Summer is here today.    

No comments: