Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 6, 2014

The light dawns

 Normal visit today.  Being Sunday she shuttle got me there in decent time.  She was in bed but woke easily and first thing recognized me and smiled.  I took her to the iron furniture and gave her the pudding but she only ate about 3/4 of it.  She ate the truffle however.  I took her to the activity room with nothing going on where we stayed for a while. Then back to her bed were  I finished my stay for today.  

I have finished my  DVD of Kay set to music.  It is about 26 minutes long.   These projects are never done actually because there is always room for improvement and new ideas on how to enhance it.  As I am not the greatest there is room for a lot of ideas.  What stops me is that I get tired of working on it. I suppose any movie maker feels the same. It uses still pictures, and film or video tape.  Anyone who would like a copy free contact me. See how Kay actually was before dementia.  In comments would be one way unless you know me personally.

A little old lady with long stringy unkempt white hair,  she has a bed in the next room to Kay.  To see her you would think she is walking around in a daze. I have never talked to her as she is in a world of her own. I never see her talking to anyone.  I have become more aware of her because sh-e seems to be spending more time in her room on her bed.  Seeing her around the halls does not show me where she lives.  But I have seen her in her bed when I would go into the room to see if Kay was in one of the beds.  So today I saw her in the activity room and when she looked in my direction I waved to her and said hello with a smile. She smiled back and waved to me in return.  It appears the way these people seem going around  in a world of their own is because no one tries to interact with them.  This seems verified when I tell a room full of people "goodbye I will see you tomorrow" and most of them respond in kind. My experience today bears this out  and I intend to do more to make these more aware that others do care about them.  I have no idea if this little old lady has family or friends.  I would think not because if she has, these people would do something for her.  If a person there has visitors and relatives who visit they do not need my help. I intend to do more for the abandoned and lost.  I can relate to that.    About all it takes is to talk to them. I can do that.    Thinking back on recent visits I remember a similar response from patients couple times.  I remember taking  hold of a lady's hand who was sitting next to the isle when I went out  and greeted her.  I never ask how are you.  Once I did that and she had enough mental  capacity to return that she was not good.  I felt so bad about that. But the lady who I greeted seemed so appreciative of someone paying a little attention to her.   They all miss that I am sure.


   

No comments: