Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Saturday beofr easter

Kay was in the activity room and seemed glad to see me.  We went through the usual truffles at our usual place.  We came back to her room and we stayed there until time to come home.  I noticed she seemed to be holding the palm of her hand up against her ear which normally indicated she had an earache.  I asked her and she said yes.  
when we brought her there we told them how she acts when she has an earache. After sending the message by Cargivers and waiting for a response getting none I called down to the nurse and told her asking if they had any ear drops.  I was sure they would not have.  As I expected she said they had none and could not get any without contacting the doctor. She said they could give her  Tylenol.  I told them that Tylenol did not work but give it to her anyway as long as they didn't have any ear drops. This is Saturday before Easter so who know if or when a doctor would be available.  Monday or Tuesday is a long way off.  Of course these people could not plan ahead and have some ear drops on hand to treat her.  It is probably not in their network to do so anyway.  This is just not the way these institutions and the people who run them think. It's not their pain.  Fortunately as I stayed with her she did not seem in a lot of pain or any for that matter so maybe it is a minor thing.  That was my greatest worry when I brought her there was pain she could not tell them about.  They would have no way of knowing and don't seem interested in doing anything even when they know about it like when I told them.  This nurse I told about  getting Kay off the puree diet and she said she would  leave the message which she did not do.  This is the same nurse today who seems to have the whiskey raspy voice. The other nurses at least try to give the impression that they care. No one but family is able to give real proper care to a loved one. 

Some students from a local school I suppose were here to entertain the residents.  Looked like Jr. Hi.  I appreciate the effort. I may post some of their singing if I feel like it

No comments: