Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Friday, April 18, 2014

Long visit today

 The longest visit possible today.  Directly there and directly return without other stops.  She was not in any of the places she was supposed to be which meant she was somewhere she was not supposed to be.  Before I could notify them a caregiver  was bringing her back to me.  I took her to the hall with furniture and gave her a pudding which she ate only half.  She also ate a truffle and part if a cracker.  We went back and I got her a coat so we could go outside and get some sun. I had given her my coat in the hall even though it was not cold as they keep it very comfortable.  There are some new people on the floor.  Some somewhat aggressive in some ways.  One keeps coming to me asking which is the way out.  Of course I have to direct her to a caregiver somewhere down the hall.  

 I got Kay's coat on her after getting a caregiver to clean her up.  She is requiring more and more personal help as she goes downhill.  Her recognition of me does not seem to get less.  I didn't think she smiles as much yesterday but that may have been my imagination somehow. 

We went outside to an iron bench and sat there in the sun for a long time.   I had almost two hours to visit today.  I had to help her up from the bench but it tilts backwards to accommodate a cushion I suppose so it is not easy to get up. But I had to help her which I have not done before I don't think.  We went back to her room and I played half of the Messiah on her TV.  I expect to play it for the people here where I live.  I play it anytime during the year if I am in the mood. Handel wrote it several times for various reasons and people. Interesting. 

For myself I am doing so lower back exercises to fix hopefully the pain in my lower back on the side.  I did this many years ago to fix a similar problem.  It worked then and seems to be working again. I have resumed limited walking  for diabetes control.  I expect to get another Cortisone shot early next month. That will make it easier to walk.  


No comments: