Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Friday, April 11, 2014

Opposition from the facility

 It was a normal visit today with Kay. The usual visit so I could hold her and give her the truffle and graham cracker.  It was sunny so we sat outside in the sun for a long time before going inside.  The big problem was here  at my place.  I had gone to the doctor this morning and got the OK to reduce my blood testing to 3 times a week maintaining the usual 5 units of insulin each day at meals.  This suggestion was from one of the nurses who notices my B/G readings are consistently good.  However the other ones when  I came back never heard of anything like this so they wanted confirmaton of his written instructons that I could get some insulin without them testing for b/g level.  To make a long story short I had to go back to the old proceedure and wait until they could contact him next week.  I was afraid they would only give me insulin 3 times a week which would destroy any attempt to control my blood sugar,  This is very unsettling as I would have to leave this place if I cant control my blood sugar.Bummer.  Protect the insurance company's behind.  I am the only one in this place that can prove my system works.  All the others are overweight with poorly controlled b/s just waiting to die from some diabetes related illness.  The girl that delivers the food to us from the  kitchen is continually amazed at what she says how young I look. She keeps shaking her head and commenting about how young I look.  I finally asked her today how young and she said 60.  Poorly controlled diabetes can cause a change in looks plus of course if you are overweight you can also look older.  She kinda of nodded to the guy across the table as one who fits.  I better stop or you will think I am boasting.  Overweight and diabetes related illnesses can cause you to move more slowly and of course if you are overweight that in itself will also do it.  You might also think more slowly.  So to see anyone in my condition this girl more a young lady continually to be amazed.

I am seriously thinking of doing this posting by speaking it by looking into the camera.  That way you can judge for yourself.  I never was any good as an on camera reporter.  But for variety I may set things up and do it that way.  Make a little movie out of it. Done right it wont take a lot longer I suppose.   

No comments: