Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Kay seems slower.

Sad, so sad.  Kay was walking down the hall, all bent over, struggling, hanging onto the hand rail staring into space. When she saw me in a moment she smiled.  Not the big smile she usually does when she sees me. Just the smile of recognition.  I took her to the place to sit down and she ate a cup of pudding, and truffle.  I took her back to her room and  we watched the arts channel.   I asked a caregiver if there was anything going on and she said coloring Easter eggs downstairs.  I didn't think she could do that.  So decided to just stay on the bed and watch TV.  She seems perfectly happy to do that. Dementia has a million ways of acting on the brain.  If she does actually get bored with just staying in her room with me which she has occasionally done she will just get up and even take my walker and go out into the hall.  Lately she seems more content to just lay her head on my breast and watch TV or doze.  She seems slower to respond to my requests to take the handle of the walker when I want to take her somewhere.  This may  be evidence of her slowing up.  As far as I know her vitals are all reading good. Yesterday I thought I would redo the video in production I told you about but today I dont like the first part at all and must redo it by adding some video during the singing.  I don't want it at all the way it is.  I think yesterday I commented on John being taken away.  Well that was just a baseless rumor or he is back from the dead becuase today he was back at his dining room table.  The only thing I know for sure is that someone was taken out because  I saw the gurney.  Like I say.  You cant believe anything you hear in a place like this. Maintenance department readies an average of 3 rooms a  month for new arrivals.  The ones who vacated the rooms either went to rest homes or the cemetery. 

No comments: