Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Good ews today

 There is good news tonight.  Kay has gained 2 or 3 pounds this past week on her new eating schedule.  Today she weighed 90.8 pounds.  that is up from 85 a week ago when I weighed her.   So taking into consideration clothing she should have gained 2 or 3 pounds.  They took her off the puree diet and started seasoning her food.  I suggested some foods she would normally eat but I don't know if they are actually giving them to her.  But the point is she is gaining weight.  You can argue with me on the amount but I don't think there is any doubt she is gaining weight.  The clothes she wore today looked like about the same amount she had on the last time. One of the caregivers today said she ate well at lunch but she really tore into the pudding before I could get the spoon to her.  She acted like she was very hungry.  I don't put a lot of faith in what a caregiver tells me in some subjects because I think they are programed to give one kind of answer to certain questions and how a patient eats is one of them.  Besides that I got there just about an hour after her meal.  Sunday transportation was quick today.  We hung out together today until a half hour or so before time to go when we went to the activity room to sit with the others.  I had to leave her there which was not easy for me.  She seemed to take it ok.  She hasn't kissed my had the last couple days or did she seem to want to kiss me goodbye.  I take note of these things trying to anticipate if there is anything  she is losing.  That would indicate a change in her mental state I would think.    

No comments: