Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Back to Kay after one day mis.



 Yesterday I was stood up by the shuttle.   I got to the waiting area a few minutes before the 1 pm pick up time and after a while I called in to find out if I still was on for a pickup.  I was assured that it was almost there.  well I have heard that song before so after a reasonable amount of time I called again and was then told after she had checked her computer that I had no pickup scheduled.  She was supposed to have checked the computer before. 
so after an hour of waiting they woke up to the fact that they messed my schedule up and I would not be able to go see Kay.  Everyone lies if they think you are too senile or stupid to catch them at it.  

Today transportation was quite good and I got there about 1 25.  I had changed my pickup to   return at 3:15 so when I was late arriving I would at least have nearly an hour with Kay.  

Today she was walking the hall.  I took her to her room and gave her a couple truffles then a little later got her heavy coat on her and took her outside to sit in the hazy sun.  It was not very cold for the NW.  We had spent some time together before going outside so after sunning ourselves it was about time for me to think about coming home.  Leaving was hard as when I told her I was going home she still wanted to get up and go where ever I was going.  I took her to her room and offered to leave her there but she wanted to go with me.  I took her back to the Community room and even though  I quite strongly told her I would be back she still seemed to want to go with me.  Those times are hard to live with. I don't think she understands.  although she almost always waves goodbye to  me if I wave to her. Remember Karma


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear you were able to make it, after waiting all that time
Did she ever get to OCB with your son(s)?
I'm not sure this gets back to you, since I'm used to seeing "send"....suggestions???
Has "Spring" arrived in your area, with the "time change"? (It's a bother, changing all the clocks!)