Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Fun at Cascade Gardens



A different and fun visit to see Kay today,  I was catching cold yesterday and I did not go see her.  Today I felt so much better I took a cab to see her because I had canceled my shuttle because of the oncoming cold. 

It seemed so warm and sunny I took took Kay outside the building and we sat in the sun for a while and I fed her a roll and truffle.  When we went back in I was told they were having an entertainer come and perform.  I decided to stay and see what it was all about.  The entertaainer was setting up a synsethiser and accordian.  His name was Charley Brown.  The same as Kay's uncle who founded George Washington.  

Even though you might not think people in these straits could appreciate it,  it seems that music is something they never forget.  For  his first piece he said he would play the first 3 notes of a song and if any  of us could guess what it was.  I immediately guessed Harbor Lights which was correct.  From then on he played for an hour and they liked it so much the were out on the floor dancing away having a great time. Boogie woogie, swing.  Some of them at least.  I took some video but do not choose to show it until I can blur faces for privacy reasons.  I don't know much about that function of editing so may not show it tonight because I am not able to blur faces yet. But it was a wonderful experience to see these old people out on the floor.  Some hardly able to move.  One woman who had palsy and never changes her expression dancing. I was amazed at the fun they were having. I mainly took pictures of the entertainer because of the problem of privacy.  

I don't know what was going on in Kay's head for when it was done she did not want to leave.  I managed to take her up to her floor but she did not want me to leave.   I would say "I will see you tomorrow but she kept saying "no no"I don't know what was in her mind but somehow managed to get away.  It is not easy to leave when she doesn't seem happy that I will be coming back tomorrow. 

I hope I can get this blurring of faces problem overcome so I can show it.  If I get lucky tonight I might even get it u

p however I don't want to stress myself and have a relapse with this cold. 

she does not seem happy'

No comments: