Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Friday, February 28, 2014

Kay Assaulted Today



 It looks like Kay was assaulted today at the facility. This was reported to me by the head nurse.  I had been outside in the sun sitting with Kay enjoying the springlike weather.  It is definitely warming up although we are not entirely out of the woods. I took Kay back to her room and there the Nurse told me that a caregiver was in a nearby room when she heard someone scream.  She rushed out and saw one of the men in a boxers stance with fists raised Kay said ''he hit me. She pointed to a spot on the left side of her head near the temple.  I took a look but could not see a bruise.  The nurse said they had been  adjusting his medication in an effort to  reduce the tendency towards anger. What caused the incident no one no one  but from the evidence I am convinced it did happen.  From the location they might have been approaching from different directions which required one or the other to give way.  First the scream, the  two the raised fists.   Kay has a difficult time speaking unless there is some sort of an emergency.  Which this was. So she was able to say what had happened.  
This is an isolated incident and they go to great lengths to avoid things of this sort.  They always report    out of the ordinary events.  

It was so sunny and warm I took Kay outside and sat in the sun for at least a half hour.  

When it was time to go I went to the elevator which is near the entrance to the community room where there were several waiting to get in.  Unfortunately there was one guy trying to come out but was pushing a char instead of a walker.  there was a woman outside trying to direct traffic.  She was a patient.  She told the  lady in front of me not to go in because the guy with the chair instead of a walker wanted to get out.  This didn't make much of an impression on the lady trying to get in  At that time a caregiver came by and I asked her to sort things out.  She was not from this floor but agreed anyway.  By this time the resident directing traffic said  "to hell with this, I'm  getting out of the crazy place.  I am going to bed".  

//

No comments: