Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 22, 2014

A pleasant visit. Kay seems hungry


Kay was in her own bed today when I arrived.  Not really asleep.  I had saved a muffin from my breakfast for her.  She ate it as if she was hungry.  She also had a couple truffles because  I thought  she seemed so hungry. Although it was sugar she needed more food and that was all I had.  They said she was at breakfast and lunch.  Apparently she just did not eat very much. More indication she is hungry.  I hate to think she is hungry all the time. We just stayed together on the bed while I was there. There is no other place for us.  She just likes to be with me.  As I am there such a short time I would rather be with her and do nothing else. I was still with her when the shuttle came a little early in fact.  Too bad the shuttle cant be early on the pickup and late on the return. She was dressed in her red outfit from  Dianne.  I see these kind of outfits in other places.  Even here by the staff  so apparently it was no accident that Dianne picked this for her mom. Kay seems to be a favorite among the patients here.  Good selection as she is the prettiest.  She waved back to me when I left for home so she was not hurt by my leaving. 

I have been wondering what is this emotion I feel from being isolated from family and friends?  I think it is very similar to how a soldier or sailor feels when they are in other countries separated from their family and friends during war.  I felt that way during WW2 and the occupation. I was looking for a picture of me reading a letter from Kay while there at Darmstadt.  Never can seem to find a particular picture when I want it.  Leaving Kay and coming here alone is the same. 

No comments: