Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Kay loses more weight.

 Lots of news today some I can divulge only to family and close friends.  But first what happened on the way.  I was picked up about 15 m utes early and I thought that by early I would have a nice long visit with Kay.  We went in that general direction but then we turned off and stopped loading on a guy with a walker, the  a totally handicapped lady who by the way she talked was related to the guy who got on. Kinda bossy.  The lady looked considerable younger than the man but she was in a power scooter that cost as much as our first house I am sure. She was almost supine.  Laying almost flat with her legs at the level of her upper body. Most ogf you have been in hospital beds with your legs elevated and your upper body elevated too.   They were wrapped in a blanket tied so it could not come loose. Circulation must have been awful to require this treatment.  Her hair was not brown but not actually blond either.  It as long and stringy not having being combed. She could turn her head but I don't think anything else.  
They were accompanied by a caregiver whom the lady kept turning her head to talk to like she was talking to me..     Finally we got to my destination and I began to get off.  Then I was told that the man was also getting off as he also lived there.   I was also told that she was bringing him back to the facility.  Looks like she got him out for the week end and was bringing him back after the vacation.  I would do that for Kay if I could figure out how to do.  iit.

Kay seemed hungry today and kept wanting truffles.  I altogether gave her 3 or 4 plus a couple graham crackers.  She is down to 86 pounds so is not eating properly even though she goes to the dinners and lunches.  That is down

3 or  4 pounds from about a month ago. 

No comments: