Visiting Kay 10-6-2013
I didn't expect to be very late on a Saturday but I didn't get there until 1:50. At 20 minutes after the hour I start to take her to the community room because that gives me 10 minutes to do that and get down to the area where I can see the bus driver. I have to get someone to bring the elevator to the floor as it takes a key to call the elevator. That is to prohibit patients from moving between different floors. This is the only way they can keep track of them. On the other hand that restricts the movement to the one floor which is very limited. There is only a hall around the floor lined only with living rooms with doors. Except for the community room about the size of a normal bedroom, the dining area about the size of one and half bedrooms that is the outer area fronted by the hall. Some people just walk round and round. One tall old gentleman is constantly walking much of the time holding the hand of a smallish woman patient. From first glance you would think they were husband and wife. But no, I asked. There are others doing the same walking. One walks constantly with head down and you would think he was asleep. So sad. All they have to do is walk and look only at the four walls.
I had the attendant take our picture and they are posted here. Amazing. She knew exactly what to do. Turn the camera and she automatically knows to smile.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment