Still at Ft. Lewis
I went to See Kay yesterday for what started out as a normal visit. I got there as soon as I ever had which left me about an hour with her. She was in her room napping. She woke up easily and I turned on theTV and gave her a toffee. Nothing out of the ordinary except getting home was a challenge. Living in an assisted living facility and using the shuttle you really see the people who are near the end of their existence on this earth. The most grevious physical conditions imaginable. Using the shuttle the driver must deliver and pick up the passenger to their door. Almost all will be either in a wheel chair or using a walker. They must be able to move themselves or there must be someone with them to do that for them. But the drivver accompanys the passenger to their door. One of the worst of their conditions are those who need dialysis. Some can walk, some are in wheel chairs. But they need the periodic trip to get their blood cleansed. That means several hours in a day where it is done. Yesterday we were to pick up three who had just had it done. But two of the three were still being treated. As the one who was done lived real close by we too her home and finally picked up the other two. After an hour and 10 minutes I finally got home. So my transit time yesterday turned out as long as the other days when I took a long time to get there on the head end of my trip. Now if someone wants to finance a cab trip I would much prefer a cab. Lets start a drive.
Kay has been kissing my hand or face of course and I see that another lady is doing it too.


No comments:
Post a Comment