Blog Archive
Search This Blog
Friday, October 12, 2012
Mary, the "Healthare worker" checked her B/G at my request the other day and it was 383 mg/dl. She is diabetic too need I say. She had taken her insulin in the morning and had not eaten anything since. Her doctor prescribes one dose of slow acting insulin a day. Obviously something is not working. If I remember right one reason is she cant afford another more effective kind. Now that is a good reason isn't it? She has "insurance" through her place of work. Things continued on a couple days and for some reason she was going to take another b/g test and she said she mentioned that here insulin was in the car. Insulin in the car? For Seattle we have had some hat days recently which meant the car had been reaching temps of well over a hundred many times. No wonder the insulin was no good. I asked here why the she kept it in the car and she said it said after opening it could be left out of the refrigerator. Where in world did she read that? Obviously she was going to re-read it again. I wonder how long she has been doing this? Like most diabetics who has a bad a1c she claims she did not remember what it was. Can you imagine some doctor not trying to get to the bottom of why her a1c was so bad? In my opinion a HMO doctor is just spending their time collecting their check when they allow this. How do you sort them out when this occurs? The good from the bad. She is not quite of SS age yet so has to pay the high co-pay fees of her insurance which is through Group Death oops I mean Group Health.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment