| Flying lesson courtesy of Tom |
Two days in a row now the shuttle has made a quick trip. So I had more time with Kay. I found her bed having been occupied before I got there. As one of the caregivers said she was in her room but was not I went into the next one and found her getting into one of those beds. She always gets into the one nearest the entry door as her bed is the one closest to the door. However she constantly makes the mistake of going into the left room not the right which is her room. She seemed sleepy so I stayed with her a while then I got her up combed her hair and we walked the hallway to the far end to the two chairs with the iron table. I remembered to bring the Costco toffee and gave her one. Eventually two which she really likes. We watched the people walk the halls for a while then went back to her room. There is one big guy about 6' 6" if he would straighten up. But he bends his head and looks at the floor. For some reason he seems to want to walk with someone and if he happen to be going the way you are he will walk along. Every time I have seen him he is with some woman. He has tried to follow us into Kays room.. I have never heard him say a word. He just looks at the floor. He is not all that old either. Yesterday one of the patients tried to block me from leaving the dining room which is the first time I have had someone act and talk belligerent to me. She was really quite unpleasant. I have to remember that these people are there because of their mental problems. Something I am not used to. Just before eating the candy it seems Kay was having neck pain because she was putting her hand on her neck like she used to do before she got this way. I asked her if she hurt and she said she did. I called the nurse who I know from her working the meds where I live. She eventually got there with the pain pill in some pudding which Kay refused to take except in an extremely small amount. This worries me because this means she is not getting the meds she she really needs. For her throat and headaches. But by the time the nurse got there Kay didn't seem to be having any pain. I don't know. what to do about it. They are apparently lying to me because not too long ago they were telling me that she was taking her pills real well. I am sure they are lying to me because of the way she acted today. The two things she had were extremely painful and I don't want them coming back.



No comments:
Post a Comment