Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Visit on Nov 7. 2013







I saw something in Kay I have never seen before. When I got there she was sitting in a room of patients participating in a class taught by one of the caregivers.  I came up along side her and tried to get her attention but when I touched her sh jerked around with the beginning  expression of what the heck are you doing!  Then she recognized me and immediately changed and smiled in recognition.  I had never seen the expression of resentment before.  It was a shock.  

I took her out of the class and we walked down the hall to the dead end with the metal table and chairs.  There I sat with her and gave her the Costco Toffee she likes so much.  After a while  I decided to take her to her room and spend some time there.  Before we went a lady came out of one of the rooms and talkd to me about how I was giving Kay treats like she gives her husband.  He is new there and apparently in worse condition than Kay is. I have never seen her or her husband as far as I know. 

 The shuttle didn't get me there until nearly 2 pm so there was not a lot of time to spend with her. Then the 3 pm pickup didn't happen until 3 30 so I just sat there for half an hour when I could have been inside with her.  On the way home we picked up a woman who was wearing dark glasse.  I suppose she was using the shuttle because she could not drive a car.  During the ride she asked the driver what they do to kids who ride the shuttle but have no money. I told her she was allowed one helper to go with her at no charge but she said they were three grandchildren.  I don't remember where they were going to go with grandma on the shuttle.  But I asked how much she needed and she said $3.00.  I told her I would give her the 3 dollars but when  I looked in my wallet the smallest bill I had was $5.00 which I gave her. That might let her give them some sort of a treat. Of course most people who ride the shuttle are very poor.  She told me how she lost 40 dollars and didn't carry any with her.  It didn't explain how she expected to take grandchildren on the shuttle without any money.  Oh well,  it made me feel good anyway.  I am sure she didn't expect to have another passenger give her the money.  
  • In room with Kay

No comments: