Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 2, 2013




At home in Lake Forest Park. She was
 good at making a little money go a long way.


I was met with the situation I dreaded today when I got to see Kay.  I have worried about what would happen and how would they handle it if she hurt badly and they did not know she was hurting.  She was hurting and apparently they knew nothing about it. I found her in the Community room Lying on her side holding her hand to the side of her head and actually  saying she hurt bad.  I got her attention and asked if she hurt ad she said she did.  I asked where she hurt and she put a finger in her ear.  I thought she might have  an ear ache as she never indicated a migraine headache in that manner.  I got the attention of nurse who was an LPN and asked if she could look in her ear and see if there was any indication of inflammation. It was just one excuse after another.  First she said she could call the Dr. and I said OK, then well she could not  because he could not be in until Monday.  I wont go into all the details as it wool take too long but the gist of it was that there wasn't a lot they would do.  She had been  OK at lunch so she must be ok now.  The nurse there who also works at my place says she is not taking her pills and that worries me because the Anti-depressant worked for headaches.  This is too long to go into but it is what I feared all along.  She is in pain and no one looks into it. They need to know when she has symptoms of pain.

I talked to nurse Deanne about the candy and she came up with the suggestion that as long as I am around she could eat a piece which I think I  a sensible idea.  I will pick up the piece she does  not which I did not necessarily do before.  

I am beginning to think that the COPES program was working very good. 

Tom is very sick with the whatever it is.  He worked a few days even while he was not fully recovered and it may have set his recovery back.  I am so lucky I have not picked up anything here although there are a number of people with various colds.  -
Kay did this when she was about 16





No comments: