Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween at the gardens



October 29, 2013 Kay and Doyal
Yesterday Joe Morgan, Collen's husband, came to visit us and  I took him and Kay to the Old Country Buffet for lunch about 2 pm. Of course Kay did not talk much but we had a good time anyway.  She always likes to get out.   Yesterday it was a routine visit on the shuttle. Travel time was comparatively short.  Getting there today was easy going as it took only about 15 minutes travel time. Coming back was a different matter.  Not bad for having to drop off a crazy guy that would make me nervous if  I was alone with him.  Singing and shouting a lot of the time.  Quite young about 25 or 30 I guess. Because the driver picked me up a half hour late it took me over a hour to get home.   Kay was sleepy so I stayed with her in her room for quite some time.  Then I took her down to the dining area where they have some tables and chairs.  I brought a jig saw puzzle but as I had invited a patient in the room to join in and she  was between me and Kay it might have made Kay lose interest in helping put it together.  Shortly after Kay got up so I took her back to her room and went back to bed.  It was about time for me to get ready to go so I told her goodbye and went out to wait for the shuttle which took about  a half hour late to get to me.   It had the crazy guy coming home from a day care center.  The parents of this guy has a big problem .  You see lots of heart aches on the shuttle. It is for the handicapped and that is the bottom of the line. Sad, Sad. 

Halloween was  celebrated by a number of good costumes here at the Gardens.   They don't want me to give Kay the toffee because she might choke on it they say I've only been doing this for years.  Most likely it is a reluctance to pick up a piece of candy someone has been sucking on. Which if true is strange as they handle dirty diapers and depends all the time.  Talk about yucky. Kay may leave a hard piece she cant eat on a table.   She will miss it.  

At 616 w 81

No comments: