![]() |
| A happy time |
Tom brought me some very disturbing news today. He said Kay had to be taken to Emergency last night because she became unrully. All 4'8" of her. Something seemed to snap when she was asked to do something by the staff there. I don't remember just exactly what they were doing that set her off but it could have been to take her pills. In either case she blew up and started fighting with everybody including the patients there. They took her to the Emergency room and I don't know what they did there but they brought her back in about an hour. The reason for the blowup they thought could be due to mental degeneration as her dementia progreses, the excitement of all the visitors she has had lately causing her to resent being back in the facility. Somehow she could be effected with her urinary infection causing a blow up. I don't know when they determined she had a urinary infection because she had a blood test about a week ago and it should have indicated a problem. I suppose she might have been diagnosed at the emergency room. I just talked to the nurse at the facility and she has been sleeping most of the day.
I have found that dementia/Alzheimer sufferers are prone to rage episodes. Only one or two times did I experience it with her before we came here and it was set off by trying to force her to do something she did not want to do. So I know she is capable of rages. I had a friend in one at the Allegro apartments who was taking care of his wife like I am doing, and he said one of the worst things he had to experience was these rage blowups. Nothing like this time with Kay but bad at anytime.
![]() |
| Not our flowers but she liked all flowers |


No comments:
Post a Comment