Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Little by Lttle


Camping
I went to see Kay again today.  She was sitting in the TV room awake.  I had to get right up to her to be sure it was she, my eyes are so bad,.  I asked her to go with me and she got up with difficulty.  I was really surprised.  She did not seem to recognize me at first but after a little while she seemed to know  me.  I tried to get her to go outside on to the patio so we could sit together. She didn't seem to want to do that so I took her to her room so I could be with her,  She did not remember where her room was because at other doors she passed by that looked like hers she wanted to go in.   I got her into her room and put on a DVD of family movies  and she looked at it but I am not sure she knew they were movies of her.  She lay down on the bed and I lay down beside her as she watched the home  movie.  She continues to kiss and caress me. I could not really tell whether she was watching or had her eyes closed for sure. After a while as it was uncomfortable and she seemed sleepy I decided to go back to the apartment.  She never urges me to stay rather than go if I tell her I am leaving  She seems to accept it without complaint. I remember Uncle Opal faithfully visiting Aunt Edna.  At the time I think she was worse off  than Kay is right now.  Any time I saw her she was sitting in the wheel chair slumped over.  The way it is going I think Kay will be in a wheelchair soon if she does not do more walking than she does now.  She could hardly get up out of her chair in the TV room.  You've seen people try to get up from sitting?    She had to try a couple times before making it out of the chair. Just little attempts but it was there. That really bothers me because this would probably  be from dis-use of her muscles  .  I am going to screw up my courage and ask a nurse what can be expected the way things are going.  I am sure they have seen this time and time again. They should know what to expect.  Within limits of course.  


Kay always loved flowers


No comments: