I was waiting for 60 minutes to begin and thought I should take a blood test. I had taken 7 units of regular insulin. I finished eating about 5 45 I suppose but was not concerned about my b/g because I thought I had eaten responsibly. However when I tested it at 7 it was 270. I was so shocked I tried it again this time it came up 260. I am convinecd it was that much. So I took 5 units of regular and will do some extensive exercise and see how fast I can get it down. Could the Nurse have made a mistake in what she gave me? I ate small muffin (never again) I exercised for 30 minutes within about 45 minutes and the reading about 7:45 was 180. I stopped exercising for 40 minutes then I will check it again to see if the amount of insulin is the prime reason if it should continue downward at a fast rate. If it is I will have to watch it carefully so it doesn't go too low.

No comments:
Post a Comment