From now on my intention is to append a daily or whenever I post something up to the end of this post. I will date it so in the future you can pull up that date to see what is going on. At the moment it is all mixed up. I spent about a half hour posting somethig today then I found it was not the top post. But from now on that is my intention. So from now on look in this post for daily updates of what is going on.
Back to normal post
Kay kept the staff of the resthome up all night bringing her back to her room.
When Robin and I went there today she was not in her room or other places where the people hang out. We walked the floor and found her around one of the corners and brought her back to the room. We found out that all night she was getting out of room and roaming the halls trying to find a way out to go home. Of course then she could not find her way back to her room. All the doors look alike. She was so tired that in a short time she wanted to go to sleep and did not protest when we said we would be going. Robin brought me home but before he did we went to the Old Country Buffet for a last meal. Robin came in and selected some pictures I had taken off the walls to take home. Quite a few so that will help take care of a lot of pictures.
After posting this I am going to see if there is any way to get public transportation to see Kay tomorrow. As it is in another county I suppose not. I hate for her to have to go until at least Thursday before one of us visits her.
8:00 PM 6/26/2013
I feel really sick. this day has gone by and she has been without anyone in contact to cheer her up. Tomorrow to take some home movie DVD's for her to watch if some will put them in the player for her. I want her to stay in contact with her life before she was placed in the Cascade Gardens. I will try to make up for the lack of contact today.
6/27/2013
We spent half a day signing papers for entry into an Assisted Living institution which is close enough for me to visit Kay once a day I hope. Then we went over and got her TV hooked up. She was in the community room coloring some pictures. We had to drag her away so we could show her the New TV. I was pleased that she seemed to be participating in the coloring exercise. That means she seems to adjusting to her new life. I dont want her forgetting her family ofcourse. That is the reason I want to keep in constant contact. When I first said I had to go she thought she was going with me but after a while she apparetly recognized that she was to stay. My problem now is I don't know when I can get back to see her. Not tomorrow for sure. I think I will try to get my mind off this and start packing some stuff for my move.
June 28
Packing up. What gets to me is uncovering things of the past I have not seen for years. We had one of her high school year books for 1939. In one of the cabinets I found the year books for the other years she went to Ballard. 37, 38, and 1940/ Wow, I though there were others but not all. It makes me very lonely for her. I wish she could see them although I don't think she would recognize them. I will look them over later. My eyes are very bad but with a nagnifying glass I can make them out.


No comments:
Post a Comment