Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

An inspired Bible study today

When the cleaning lady gets done cleaning up each week on Tuesday about 11:30 a half dozen neighbors come in and we read a couple chapters in the Bible.  Then discuss what we read.  Today I got an idea for a different routine. We read a few verses of Christmas story in St. Luke and St. Matthew then we halted the reading and I would play a Christmas Song.  I had a CD with about 10 pieces so it worked fine and I think they enjoyed the change.  The CD had  songs by Bing Crosby,  Al Martino, Gordon MacRae, The Lettermen and others.  There was only one I would not play even though it was by Fred Waring and the Pennsylvanians and that was Jingle Bells. 
Merry Christmas to you and yours. 






-- --------Fishing in Alaska ---------nowaytofish.blogspot.com --------- Doyal and I put ours on even though we couldn't live more than 10 or 15 minutes in water like that. Too far to swim and the dinghy wouldn't hold us all.--------------- 4 years in 3rd Inf in WW2 billswar.blogspot.com My less heroic contribution. seniorobserver.blogspot.com* KE7PLR Established (born)Aug. 23, 1921

No comments: