Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Good visit but sad

 Kay was sitting in the activity room this afternoon when I got there at 2PM.  She immediately recognized me so I took her to the hall where she had the usual.  She was quite hungry eating 2 truffles, graham cracker and most of a small banana.  There was nothing going on in the activity room.  However some were going down to the 2nd floor for some thing the name I didn't know.  So as I had just got there at 2 and would have to leave at 3 we just stayed there.  What ever it was it was not something Kay could participate in.  One of the caregivers said she went to the activity room for the morning activities and stayed there the entire time  She might have been looking for me.  I am so concerned about her having to do nothing I am thinking of going there twice a day.  I would have to spend a lot of time in transportation there but I want to spend more time with here.  All she can do is just sit there looking at the walls.  What she is thinking about I don't know.   So many just walk the halls doing nothing.  I have to consider too maybe extending my time in one block instead going twice.  I could have lunch there.  Doing it longer seems to make it harder for me to get away without her wanting to go with me.  That is the hard part.  She has got used to me leaving and she doesn't seem to mind.  However that leaves the rest of her time with nothing to do.  Just stare at the walls.  I have spoken to one of the men there and as a result he now tends to follow me around.  Sad.  Kay is easy to take care of and needs to be with her family.  If I were not going blind I would take her from this and take care of her myself. My loneliness does not get any easier.   I could say more but I am tired. 

No comments: