Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Monday, March 2, 2015

A new idea for Dementia

 During my visit today I went to the administrator and proposed to create a web cam hookup that would allow any relation and friend to talk to their relatives at Cascade.  I think that some there can get some benefit by watching and conversing with someone when there is both video of the person talking to them.  That may come  close enough to the real in person conversation This has to be a two way video and two way talking.  Her first reaction was that there might a couple there that could do it but her attitude indicates a closed mind before considering all options.  I think it possible that a person there who can still recognized their wife or husband can also perhaps recognize that person when they can hear their voice at the same time they see a video.  Tomorrow I go to the dementia support group and I will try to get a discussion on the subect.  I think her knee jerk reaction shows what her initial representation will be to the committee she  gives it too.  In spite of the fact she later thought it would be a good idea.  It might be a good idea but it will go nowhere unless she believes enough that she pushes the idea to the others.  We will see.  

Kay was with me when I was talking to her.  She was sitting and I was standing as there was not room for another chair.  After a while Kay got up and it seemed she just wanted to be standing next to me as long as I was standing.  I tried to get her to sit down but she insisted on standing.  
I missed the discussion group as  before they started I had taken Kay down to the area where guests and patients sit and talk.  This to give her some variety.    

No comments: