Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Friday, February 27, 2015

Long visit today

 Kay was on her bed while the caregiver made the bed next to hers.  I walked her to the hall and gave her a couple truffles and half a banana.  I got there quite early, about   9 15.  What I should have done as there was to be a long visit would be to get out some the games or puzzles and see if she can still participate in putting them back together.  The last time I tried it she had no interest in even trying.  We spent a while in her room but she eventually indicated she wanted to get up.  Next time I will get to the puzzles sooner as it was too late to get into it. One of my favorite supporters now has dementia. A terrible shock.  I had not heard from her for a while and called her. After some talk she said she would probably have to stop driving because she could not find her way home at times.  That is a dead give away.  There is no question.  That is all it takes to know.  That one sentence told me without doubt.  Really terrible.     She has been much help to me I wish I could help her.  

No comments: