Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Afternoon visit

 Nothing was going on when I got there in the afternoon.  She was on the bed but awake.  I gave her a truffle but then walked her to the hall where we had the rest of her treats.  As this was the afternoon nothing was going on. When leaving one of the caregivers who conducts the morning exercises and news reading told me that she came to the activities room on her own.  I think  she thought that Kay came because of habit.  But it  is not so regular.  After thinking it over she may have been looking for me.  That gives me a hollow feeling in my stomach.  That she would go looking for me.  That's OK but she was disappointed and didn't find me.   I had rescheduled my trip to this afternoon.  I could have done it in the morning but that would have messed up my afternoon events. I was thinking of doing this twice a week,  Three times acthually because I wanted to go to church on Sunday.  I think I will change my time over there to slightly later and go back to the mornings.  Naw, that is no improvement.  All  morning visits except for Sunday. She depends on me so  much I will stay mornings except for Sunday.  Some days they don't have anything going on in the activity room.  Schedule is  irregular anyway so I can't depend on activites every day. Employees  don't show up and for other reasons. Lincoln the administrator said tonight at the formal dinner I should have brought Kay  Unfortunately I have no way of getting her here except by cab. A little pre-planning for the next one might permit me to get her here for the next dinner.  

No comments: