Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Romanesque building


Except Kay moving exceedingly slowly today nothing out of the ordinary happened. 
there was nothing going on in the activity room so we spent the short visit in her room.  I woke up at 11 07 and hurried down to get my bus.  Today I managed to get a couple new pictures from the moving bus.Pictures from street side of the front.  Seems clear to me that the designer intended the windows to represent the Cross.  
Windows

second picture from bus
I am still amazed at the Romanesque  design of the 1st Presbyterian church.  The article on the church claimed the architect was the foremost expert on Romanesque in the world.  I don't know about that but he could have been in the US because how many are there in the US at that time.  But it sure is an outstanding example to me because even in England or Europe I never saw many buildings.  Could that be because they would be 1500  or so  years old?  In England this style was called Norman.  If anyone out there in webland have seen any I'd like to know.   
  

No comments: