Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Answer to my question

My visit today was so ordinary I will not write up how many truffles she ate.

Yesterday I discussed the local 1st Presbyterian Church and how I have never seen one like it before.  Today with the amazing Internet I found out why.  I found an article published in 1925 explaining how it came to be built.  Lots of  churches built if not a modern church but one of historical design are of the Gothic style. Few have been of the style preceeding the Gothic which was the Romanesque style.  The building committee wanted something different so got the top architect in the U S in Boston to design it. I would say they succeeded.  Look further down to see the pictures I have published before today.  Enough for today as I am tired.  

No comments: