Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A Love Story Continues

 Kay was on the bed so  I assumed she was sleepy and did not want to walk or go to the activity room for exercises.  Later in the stay I was checking my snacks I keep  with me  when my b/g starts to go low. This will happen about 11 00.  At this time a woman and patient went into the next room. She could see me through the door but not Kay on the bed.  When she saw me she commented  "Oh there is someone else here."   I made some non-committal reply and left it at that.  I figured she was a new person and did not know about me.  Sure enough shortly a caregiver came in and asked if there had been a man in the room.  I told her I was the only one.  In a few minutes a couple more came in and wanted to know the same.  Of course the Caregivers knew me and left when I  told them I was the only one there.   I hope they found the person and enlightened her about the situation. 

On the way home the driver was the one who some time ago was complaining about his broken up love life. He had complained that his   live-in girl friend of 14 years objected to being kicked out on the street while he hooked up with a new girlfriend.  Oddly enough this part is being written while a program on RT is discussing delayed marriage and living together.  To bring you up to date on their situation the driver wanted to kick his live  in girlfriend out of the apartment and bring in his new girlfriend.  To make this especially difficult is the fact that  she had no job to fall back on.  As a person of somewhere around more than 50 she had no way of doing anything but go to the streets. From the developments it is obvious this woman over the  years has developed a relationship with this guys mother.  So when he quit paying rent on the apartment she moved in with his mother which he also did. Where the girlfriend is in all this I don't know.  I am not impressed with her IQ when she is playing around with a guy who is willing to kick out into the street a girlfriend he lived with for 14 years. I'm  not impressed with spurned girlfriend either if she doesn't know that in this state there is something called Common Law Marriage that should work for her.  This would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.   

The program just finished was all for delayed marriage and even no marriage at all.  I say why get married at all if you can get all the benefits without any responsibility.  But this would be a view from the mans perspective.  You can go to places like this and where Kay is and see the results of no one to visit these lonely people.   

No comments: