Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Monday, December 29, 2014

. Pictures of Tacoma Kay BD

 The sun is out and brilliant today.  Cold though .  This is what I see out the window.  It would be cover  the horizon except apartments were built obstructing the view across the street.  I see Commencement Bay.  In don't know the name of the factory but think it makes particle board.  The name coming.  In the early days of Tacoma the ships unloaded their ballast which were stones.  I guess you might call them cobble stones.  They  then paved the streets with them.  Not thinking of automobiles being invented they were not placed exactly even so they are rough.  Seattle had many streets done in a similar manner.  I used to ride a bicycle on them when I was a bicycle messenger for Western Union In the 30's.  They were rough and slippery.  This picture is less than good because I am shooting through the glass.


Kay and Present from Bob


Rainbow on way home

One of old brick train stations converted into Federal Offices

The other station.  Taken from shuttle  window as it was moving so not the best.  I don't know which one was the Federal building
Lots of Roman brick buildings in Tacoma

No comments: